Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Earthquake


Apparently there was a moderate earthquake in Nicaragua this morning. The news I read said it was a 6.3 and that it was felt in Nicaragua and also northeastern Costa Rica, but no injuries or damage, THANK GOD! I called a guy I know who is downthere leading a missions trip now at the orphanage, which is outside of Managua, and they hadn't even known there was an earthquake 'cause no one there felt it. So that's a good thing. Nicaragua is supposed to be one of the most seismically active places on earth so I guess they get temblors and stuff all the time. Earthquakes or not, I can't wait to get back down there! I still have 39 days, which seems like so long, but hopefully they will fly by. But I know my two weeks down there will fly by even faster, which makes me sad. I have been thinking lately about how much I want to move down there. I have never felt this way about any place I have ever been, even the places I have lived I always felt like that was not where I was supposed to ulitmately end up, but in Nicaragua I feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be and I feel more at home and more at peace there than anywhere else. When I am not there it feels like part of me is missing. I really feel like God is calling me to move there and that He has plans to use me to help the people in Nicaragua, especially the kids. I just know I have to be patient until it's the right time because if I could jump on a plane and move there tomorrow, I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home