Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Sunday, June 25, 2006

New Job

So I finally started ny new job. I am working for another insurance company, so my experience and my license will help me a lot. Plus, they were cool when I told them I have plans to be in Nicaragua for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years. It will most likely be at least partially unpaid leave, but at least it's approved.
I am not so thrilled with my hours: 10:30 a.m. -7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Over the summer it's not such a big deal to work till 7 but once New Community and my Singles Small Group start up again in the fall, I would like to be able to get off earlier. We'll see. Maybe they can work with me.
I also started my Spanish lessons today. My friend Roger, who is from Nicaragua, is teaching me. I already know a lot, which makes his job easier, so he'll help me polish up what I already know and hopefully I'll be closer to being fluent. My goal is to get my TEFL certification and be able to move to Nicaragua by next summer. So if I can be certified in TEFL and fluent (or almost fluent, at least) in Spanish by that time, that would be awesome :)

1 Comments:

  • At 29.6.06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the new job Meg! I wish you well on the Espanol too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home