Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Friday, February 17, 2006

I am excited for tomorrow! We're having our Annual Women's Retreat for Spring Branch Community Church. This will be my 4th year going and it's always such an awesome weekend. I am able to just get recharged and reenergized, get a break from all the stresses that are going on in my life. It's a lot of fun, too, to spend the weekend with 150 women from my church, all ages, all walks of life, who are there to grow in their relationship with God, and some just seeking to know Him. We have awesome times of worship, we always have a great speaker, we're going to have fun skits (I get to be in one of the skits), many of us will stay up late playing games and get far too little sleep, and that's okay too, because we have a lot of free time on Saturday and I just may even take a nap :)
And as the perfect start to the weekend, I get to have my Physical Therapy tomorrow, for my back pain. I LOVE going to Physical Therapy. It feels like being at a spa. I get to lie on heating pads for like 30 minutes, then we do the ultrsound treatment (that's not my favorite part, because it kind of tickles at first) and then the best part, the deep tissue massage. Normally I don't like back massages because I am VERY ticklish, but these massages don't tickle at all and they feel SOOOOOOOO good!!! Tomorrow is my last session, but I am going to see if my doctor can prescribe another round, because it is helping with the pain. Not as much as being in Nicaragua helps with the pain, but I am at least taking less of my pain meds than I was before this round of Physical Therapy. When I am in Nicaragua I hardly need my pain pills at all. Maybe like once every 2 weeks. Here, I still take them every day.
And a month from now I will be at Willow Creek for the Promiseland Conference. I am definitely looking forward to that. After wanting to go check out Willow Creek for the past 4 years, it will be like going to the Mother Ship :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home