Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Monday, March 06, 2006

A New Day

Well, things are looking better today. Vinny emailed me from Nicaragua and told me he's going to be able to hire me, at least temporarily. I don't know for how long, or how many hours per week, but at least it's something, and I am sure when he gets back from Nicaragua we'll go over specifics, maybe sooner since he said he would try to call me from Nicaragua. So that's something. It would be perfect if I could work for him till at least June, that way I can try to get something more permanent lined up to start when I get back from my trip to Nicaragua in May.
So I am not really too worried right now. I am going over my finances, figuring out where I can make some cutbacks, if I also need to get another part-time job in the interim I will do that. I am not really depressed anymore either. Honestly, it is a relief to not have to go back there. That place is poison and it was sucking the life and energy out of me. No, I think right now, I am just pissed at the situation. It's such a load of crap. If my performance was really as bad as my manager says, then why did they keep me there for FIVE YEARS and give me raises and bonuses every year??? (this year being the only exception, but that was after my manager started her witch hunt with me) I am just incensed that after giving them 5 years of my life they would turn around and treat me like this, just calling me to a meeting with my boss and her boss in an isolated room and then not even letting me go back to my desk for my things. The two of the them went back to my desk and brought me my bag, coat, cell phone and keys while HR was going over the outprocessing stuff with me. And they were supposed to pack up the rest of my stuff and get it in the mail to me this weekend. But I didn't even go back to my desk to say goodbye to my coworkers. After working my butt off for them for five years and 5 months, that is all the thanks I get? My old manager would never have done this, she was awesome and if I had been able to stay with her, I would still be working for them and may even still be enjoying it. Then again, the company itself had changed so much over the 5 years I was there that many people were becoming disatisfied. So it is definitely for the best that I am out of there now, and I guess if loyalty is what I am looking for, I can get that from my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home