Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Word of God Speak

The retreat this weekend was awesome! Definitely one of thebest retreats we have had. Our speaker, Mindy Calliguire was wonderful and said some things I really needed to hear.
I have been "running laps around the room" way too much, trying to do everything, please everyone, because I know God wants us to serve others. But I was missing the fact that in all my running around and trying to serve, I was neglecting to do the one thing He really wants us to do, to just sit quietly and be with Him. So that is my new resolution, to take more time to sit quietly in His presence. I still want to be able to serve in many ways, and will do so, but just not to the point where I am wearing myself out physically, mentally and emotionally, and I will be able to say "no" without feeling guilty or feeling that I am letting someone down.

1 Comments:

  • At 2.3.06, Blogger JP and Jessica said…

    Hi Meg! Wow, it has been awhile since I've dropped you a line! Thanks for the birthday greetings, I had a great one! Also, soooooooooo cool to hear that you're going back to Nicaragua!! Eat some quesillo and nacatamales for me! we'll be in touch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home