Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Naps are wonderful


I just woke up from a nice 2-hour nap, and it felt great. This whole insomnia thing is killing me, really, so whenever I can sneak in a nap it really helps. Normally I would be doing ORPHANetwork stuff right now but our Executive Director, Tim, is in Nicaragua right now. I am sooooo envious and also a little ticked off that he didn't tell me he was going so I could've given him letters to bring to the kids, but then again, he got all ticked off and inconvenienced last time he went and the kids asked him to bring back letters for me so I'm probably better off waiting till Tyler or Summer or Vinny go and sending the letters with one of them instead. But since Tim isn't here and he didn't leave a list of ORPHANetwork stuff to be done, I am took the rare opportunity to take a nap. It was sheer bliss in the midst of all the stress that is my life.
In other news, I had 2 job interviews yesterday. I am turning both of them down. The first wasn't actually an employment situation, per se, but more of starting up your own insurance Franchise, which sounds cool but there is a huge time and money investment required, neither of which I have enough of. The second was for another insurance company. It sounded okay, the people seemed really nice and the hours were pretty good (although I would have had to give up my cherished 4-day schedule). But the base salary was $10k less than what I am making now. The monthly bonuses may have made it close but those are no guarantee. But the real kicker was that I would not be able to take a vacation for a YEAR. I'd be allowed a couple days off if I was sick or had Dr's appointments, etc, but in terms of having a full week off for a vacation, that wouldn't happen for a year. There is no way I can wait that long to go back to Nicaragua. I have only been back from my most recent trip for 2 months and I am already dying to get back there. I can't even imagine going for a whole year without seeing my kids' sweet faces or hugging them or being hugged by them, hanging out with my best friend and giggling and talking about just everything while we eat cocoonut ice cream, spending time helping the kids with their homework, or playing jacks, or walking with a group of the older girls to the bakery to buy picos for the whole orphanage for dessert ... Nope, definitely can't wait that long. So we'll see. I have another interview next week and there are still other opportunities I can look into. Or maybe I will just stay where I am and things will get better. Ugh!! I just wish I knew what God's plan was in all of this. I keep praying and praying that He would make it clear to me whether I should stay or leave and right now it's SO not clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home