Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Friday, March 10, 2006

Maybe?

My friend Donna passed along a wesbite she wanted me to check out: http://www.finishers.org/
It lists all kinds of missions opportunities throughout the world. Most of the positions are volunteer or raise-your-own-support type things but they do have some paid missionary jobs. I filled out the profile thing and so in a few days they shuold be sending me a list of possible matches with my interests and preferences. That would be very cool if I could get a paid missionary job that would let me live in Nicaragua. The only thing is that I would want to make sure that it wold still let me spend time with my kids at the orphanage and also Ivonne and her family. I really feel like eventually I am supposed to be living in Nicaragua, I just don't know if it is going to be sooner or later. I just have to keep praying about it and trust that God will lead me there in His timing for His purposes.
So this time next week I will be in Chicago for the Promiseland Conference at Willow Creek. It has occurred to me, though, that it is still March and that Chicago is not exactly the warmest place on earth. I am reading John Ortberg's new book right now and this is a direct quote from the book: "I lived for a decade in Chicago, which was founded when a group of people from New York said 'The crime and poverty are good but we'd like it colder'" I am not a cold weather fan. I could totally live with Nicaragua weather all year round. Give me nice and tropical and hot. Not cold. So if anyone who is reading this would like to send up a prayer for a sudden heat wave to hit Chicago next Tuesday-Saturday, that would be awesome! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home