Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Moving On

I think I am going to file a grievance with my former employer. At first I wasn't sure about it. I don't know what I want to get out of it. Honestly, I just want to put them behind me. I know they are in the wrong and what they did was just totally wrong, but I just want to move on and leave them in the past. Even if they were to offer me my job back, there is no way I would take it. I don't want to even go back to pick up my belongings, they can mail those to me. But my cousin is encouraging me to talk with a lawyer and another friend of mine who works in HR is just appalled at what happened, and she said I should at least file a grievance. I may be able to get some kind of settlement or severance from them, and maybe it will keep this from happening to someone else. Like I mentioned in one of my other posts, every single person in my unit who has FMLA is on corrective action of some sort. So tomorrow I am going to call the Dialog folks and see what I can do.
Thankfully, I still get to go to Willow Creek next week for the Promiseland conference. I had told them that because of losing my job I wouldn't be able to go but they said not to worry about it, they want me to go, so it is taken care of. Wow. I know it will be an amazing experience and I am very excited. I have been wanting to get out to see Willow Creek for four years, since January 20, 2002, my first day at Spring Branch Community Church. And I have never been to Chicago so that will be fun. The conference ends Friday morning or midday so we're going to spend the rest of Friday sightseeing in Chicago. Fun Stuff. And I found out that Rebecca St James is leading worship for the 2 sessions on Friday. I've seen her in concert and she is an amazing worship leader. Lots of stuff to look forward to. Things are definitely looking up and I am just taking them one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home