Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Monday, March 13, 2006

Well, tomorrow I am heading out to Chicago for the Promiseland Conference at Willow Creek and I am very excited. Not exactly thrilled at the weather report, but I'll deal. It has just been so beautiful here in Virginia Beach the past few days. Sunny and temperatures in the 80s. My kind of weather. This weekend I set up my hammock on the back patio (finally moved it out of my living room) and took a few naps out there on the hammock. Simply wonderful. Today my friend Louise took me out to lunch to celebrate the new world of opportunities that has opened up to me since I lost my job. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and conversation. And tonight I took my roommate out to dinner for her belated birthday celebreation and once again we sat outside. It had gotten a lot windier so our napkins kept blowing around, but still so pleasant to be outside. Unfortunately, it looks like temperatures are going to drop back down to the 40s and 50s by the time I come back to Virginia on Saturday. Oh well, it is still March after all and so this is normal. And I know Spring is on the way and with it warmer weather again. :)
I talked for a while tonight with Ivonne. Her new job is still going well as is her English class. It's cool that we are starting to be able to have conversations in English now too. She was supposed to have a presentation today in her class but that got delayed till Wednesday. Last night when we talked she was practicing her presentation, though and she was doing great. It's funny, though, a lot of the things she finds most confusing about learning English are the same things I find really confusing too about learning Spanish. Sometimes I wonder which is harder to learn.

1 Comments:

  • At 17.3.06, Blogger vintagechica said…

    Meg, It was great seeing you at Willow yesterday. I thought we were only going to get to see Ana, so your shining face was a pleasant surprise. Great blog you have started here. I cant wait to follow it and see what God has in store for you next!!!
    Eren San Pedro

     

Post a Comment

<< Home