Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Sunday, March 04, 2007

2007 Spring Branch Women's Retreat

Last weekend we had our Annual Women's Retreat for my church. It was awesome! The past several years it's been held in Williamsburg but this year we had it in the Outer Banks, NC. It was nice because it was a somewhat smaller space, which gave it a more intimate feel. Also, instead of having a live speaker, we had a video of Beth Moore. I normally prefer live speakers to watching a video, but it was very cool anyway. I really love Beth Moore's teaching, and I got so much out of it! One of the things that has been hard for me as a Christian is that intellectually I know how much God loves me but moving that to my heart and letting Him love me to overflowing has been a struggle for me, especially dealing with self-esteem issues like I do. And the topic of Beth's teaching on the video was "Loving Well', one of her points being that we can't love others well until we allow ourselves to be well-loved by God. So I got a lot of take-aways that I am trying to work on now.We also had fun workshops to choose from during the day on Saturday. I went to one on Comedy Improv. It was so much fun! I can't remember the last time I have laughed so hard! And then we got to perform some of the improv games Saturday night. Very fun! And a few friends who no longer go to SBCC came out for the Retreat so it was awesome to see them and spend time with them again. Here are some pictures from the Retreat:
Dawn and me

Me, Andi and Katie, 2 of my roommates at the Retrat (not sure where our other roommate was at the time)




Jaynie and me



Lee Ann and me


Sandy and me



Fran and me at the Game Table



Monica and me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home