Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Is it Sunday yet??

OK, I am SO ready for this week to be over! This has just not been one of the greatest weeks ever. For one thing, it's been extremely busy at work, we're just getting slammed and that makes my head hurt.
Then yesterday was the court date for the guy who broke into my house. I was really hoping that everything would be settled so I could put this behind me and get some closure. But *nothing* was settled. Besides me, 2 of the other people this guy had hit (one guy's car was broken into, the other guy had his house broken into) were there and so we had to sit in the Victim/Witness Room waiting while the Prosecutor was talking with the guy and his lawyer. We waited for a few hours, then the Prosecutor came back and said we could go home. Apparently he'd offered the guy a deal and he turned it down and is going to fight the charges. The prosecutor then said he was going to Noelle Pros the charges, which basically means he's dropping the charges until a later date. I am still a little unclear as to why, but it has something to do with the time frame a prosecutor has after charges are filed, and also something about getting a heftier sentence if he's convicted on some of the more serious charges first. So, the prosecutor is at some point in the next few months going to re-file the charges and there will be a trial but I don't know when. So it was another day wasted in court and I still haven't even seen this guy yet. At least I have been assured he's not getting out of jail anytime soon. He's in the local jail now and could be transferred to the State Penitentiary. It'll be a long time before he is out again.
And to add insult to injury, while I was waiting for all those hours, I got a ticket on my car for my expired inspection sticker. OK, granted I should have had it inspected, but, COME ON, REALLY??? Ugh!!!
So now I am just ready for it to be Sunday. I have to go into work on Saturday to make up the time I missed yesterday but Sunday I get to go to church, which always recharges me and see my friends there and then come home and just take a nap and veg for the rest of the day.
Hopefully next week will be a better week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home