Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stressful Week

Once again the weekend has gone by too quickly. It's been fun, mostly. Other than going in to work yesterday for some overtime, that is. I went to see "Amazing Grace" with Noel, one of my friends from my Small Group and then we met up with Adele, another Small Group friend, for dinner.
Today at church a friend gave me an awesome Shrinky Dink she had made for me. It is awesome! She looked up the Nicaraguan flower online and then drew it onto a Shrinky Dink for me. That was so awesome and one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. It meant so much to me that she would take the time to find something that represented what is so dear to my heart to make into a Shrinky Dink for me.
And tonight we have a Spring Branch Dinner Event. Basically, different families are hosting potluck dinners in their homes and people can sign up for one and bring some food to share and just spend the evening fellowshipping and eating (two things which always go well together.)
And tomorrow is the start of another week. I am a little apprehensive about this week. Not exactly dreading it, but I am a little nervous about Wednesday. That's the day of the trial of the guy who broke into my house. This will be the first time I'll be seeing him face-to-face. I still haven't seen him and I have no idea what he looks like. I am not even very angry anymore as much as I just want closure to this. I think part of what has helped dissipate my anger towards this guy is that I have been praying for him. I don't exactly feel sorry for him because he is old enough to know right from wrong and to know what he was doing was wrong, but at the same time it's sad when someone so young so completely ruins their life. He is only 18 and he is looking at spending the rest of his life in jail (for some charges he racked up while he was out on bail after being arrested for breaking into my house) and it makes you wonder what went wrong in his life that made him make such stupid and life-wrecking choices. So I have been praying for him that God can reach him through this and change him so if he ever does get out of jail he can be a better person and not just even more of a criminal. So I am just ready for Wednesday to be over. And Thursday after work I am going to a dear friend's house who I can talk to about anything, so it will be nice to just be able to de-stress with good conversation.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home