Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stuff from My Life

I haven't updated in a while. I am sure all of about 2 people actually even read this but I felt the need to update. Here is what is going on in my life:

1. I will be in Nicaragua in less than 2 weeks from now. Yay!! I badly need a vacation from work. It's not that I dislike my job but the past couple weeks have been REALLY stressful as we have had more responsibilities given to us but the same requirements for getting everything done. So by the end of the day I am just drained. I need to get back to Nica and see all the kids and my friends. And the cool thing is the kids don't know I am coming! My first 2 days in Nicaragua I will be with my best friends' family and then I am going to the Orphanage and am going to totally surprise the kids. I'm going to be there the week before and the week after Easter so I think I will do an Easter Egg hunt for the youngest and middle kids.

2. I still want to move to Nicaragua but I just don't know how or when. I would need to find a job with health benefits, that is a definite must. And then there is figuring out what to do with all my stuff (sell it? ship it to Nicaragua? put it in storage?) same with my car, what to do with my dog Zoey because I don't want to be anywhere without her (I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and now she is almost 10 years old) but I am scared to bring her there, especially since all 4 of my best friends' dogs died of some weird illness. But I know all of that is just details which can be worked out and I don't know if maybe I am using those as excuses to not be working as hard at getting down there as I could because of my fear. Because it scares me to think about leaving my life here behind. I love Nicaragua and especially the kids with all my heart and I know it would be really awesome to be down there full-time with them. But it would also be really hard to leave everything here behind. Especially Spring Branch and all my friends there. They are like family to me and it would be hard to leave the Music Team, my Small Group, all my friends whose kids I babysit, just everything. But I also keep getting confirmation from others that maybe I should be moving down there. Last week my friend Dawn told me she's sure one of these trips I am just not going to come back but I am just going to stay there, and my friends Vinny and Betsy have been encouraging me for a few years now to find a job there.

3. I saw "Breaking and Entering" last night with Mark. I thought it was just OK, but not great. The acting was really good but the movie was kind of inconsistent and emotionally detached and lacked intensity. Tonight I saw "300" with Vinny. It was pretty cool visually. There was a family sitting behind us who'd brought their kids to the movie which really surprised me because this movie was in no way even remotely appropriate for kids. Teens, maybe but these kids were young. The oldest looked like maybe she was 11ish and the youngest couldn't have been more than 5. It was also very annoying because he kept asking questions, very loudly: "Mommy, who is that guy?" , "Mommy, is that guy hurt?" (after the guy in question had just been run impaled with a spear) "Mommy, which one is Spartacus? Is that one Spartacus?" to which the mom replied "Yes" when that character isn't even in the movie!. Arrgghhh. I really wish theaters would restrict very young children from movies like these. I know maybe it's just me who feels it's very irresponsible for parents to bring young children to movies like this but aside from that it's just really inconsiderate to let your child keep talking like that and keeping others from enjoying the movie. But I will get off my soapbox now.

Anyway, that's about all for now. Want to get some sleep before the week starts all over again tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home