Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Friday, December 30, 2005

It's been a really great past two days. For one thing, since it's a holiday week, we've had short work days. Only 7 hours, as opposed to my usual 2 10-hour days and 2 8-hour days. Short work days are a good thing, especially when we still get paid for a full work week :).
Also, my friend Keren is visiting the States from Nicaragua and we hung out the past 2 days. After I got out of work yesterday I went and picked her up from the church and we went to the mall. She'd gotten a pair of jeans for Christmas that she needed to exchange so we did that and also did some other shopping. Then we went to the Purple Cow for cheeseburgers and milkshakes and then met our friend Betsy and some Ukrainian orphans at the movies to see The Chronicles of Narnia, which I'd already seen but didn't mind seeing again since I wanted to spend time with my friends.
After the movie Keren and I came back to my house and we started watching The Passion of the Christ but by then it was almost 2 am and we were both really tired so we called it a night.
Today I took Keren to her first North American wedding. The daughter of my good friend Tammy got married today so Keren and I went to the wedding, which was really cool and a lot of fun. Keren said our weddings are pretty similar to weddings in Nica. After the wedding we went to my cousin's apartment for coffee. That was awesome since I hadn't seen Joni in almost a year. It was really great to get caught up and we have plans to get together again after I am back from Nica.
Keren couldn't come with me to the wedding reception since she was going with Vinny and the Ukrainian kids to the indoor water park in Williamsburg so I took her back to Vinny's and then headed over to the reception.
It's only 8:15 now but it feels so late, probably because I am so tired. And I have to work tomorrow. That kinda stinks since it's New Years Eve but oh well, it's only till 3:30 so I can come home and take a nap before Betsy's New Years Eve party.
And there are only 9 days, 16 hours anjd 10 minutes till I will be in Nica!! :)
I can't wait to see everyone again!!
I'll have pictures up soon of Keren and me at Molly's wedding today once my cousin emails them to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home