Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Tuesday, May 02, 2006


I took this picture at Ground Zero this weekend. It's not a great picture, but you can see the cross what was formed from some of the beams from the building. I guess when the WTC collapsed, the beams were standing in the shape of the cross like that, so they left it. It was really powerful to be there and see the empty space where the buildings used to be. Very sad. I was only in the city for an hour, so we didn't stay long at Ground Zero. I flew up to New York with my cousin Patti for our Aunt's Golden Jubilee. She's been a nun for 50 years so there was a celebratory mass and then a party back at the convent. Our flight got in early so we had a couple of hours before we needed to be at my cousin Mary's house so we went into the city to see Ground Zero.
The night before, I'd seen United 93 . I had not seen the Flight 93 movie that had been on A&E, so I have no way to compare the two, but United 93 did stay with me after I left the theatre. I cried a lot througout the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home