Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yellow Blue Tea Bag

After Wednesday's disappointing court stuff, my week actually picked up on Thursday. Well, Thursday night. Work was kind of rough and stressful, but after work we had a fun rehearsal for the Music Team at church. And we were done early, which is always good. So after rehearsal I ended up getting invited over to a friend's house to hang out and watch a movie (actually, Pan's Labyrinth which is, of course, my favorite movie in the world.) I had let her and her husband borrow it and they'd started watching it but had never finished it. She'd told me she'd been bummed out all day on Thursday because she knew I had rehearsal so we weren't going to get to hang out this week. But then when we finished rehearsal early, it was still early enough to hang out. I really needed some friend time, too. She is one of my dearest friends and the kind of friend you can have deep, soul-to-soul conversations with, be totally honest with. And with both of us having stressful weeks, it was nice to be able to just sit down and vent to each other. And watch a great movie!
Today was a really fun day! I went to Busch Gardens with Oksana and Ilona, my friends from Ukraine. We had such a blast! I had been dying to go on the Griffon, which is the newest roller coaster because I am such a roller coaster fanatic. It was okay. Not as thrilling as I was hoping or expecting and it could have been scarier but it was fun. My friends also taught me some Russian, which was very fun. So I can now say "Come here, cute boy", "I love you", "I want ice cream", "I love chocolate", "How are you?", "Where is the bathroom?", "Where is the cute boy?", "Hi! How are you?" and "Cool!". A few other phrases too. And what is stuck in my head for the phrase "I love you" is "Yellow Blue Tea Bag", which is not exactly how it is pronounced but it is sort of similar. So that's what I want to say, but somehow "Yellow blue tea bag" doesn't sound romantic. I've decided I really want to learn some more Russian, though. I am just very fascinated by languages. But for now I am off to bed because tomorrow I'm singing with the Music Team at church and then I have a ton of stuff to do at home: laundry, cleaning my kitchen and bathrooms, weeding outside, other housecleaning. Bleh.
До Свидания,
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home