Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sick

Well, I am home sick again from work. Ugh. I was out all week because of my back and was planning to go back today but woke up with a killer cold so I have been sleeeping and drinking lots of OJ. I am starting to feel a little better now. I need to go go back to work on Monday, I can't afford to miss any more since I have used up all my paid time off.
I do have my next round of MRIs scheduled for this week. I went ahead and scheduled all three for the same date. Which means 2 1/2 hours in the tube. Not fun but at least I'll get it over with. Then I have my appointment with Dr. Vincent the following week so hopefully I can talk with him about getting short-term leave. I know all the stress from work is not doing anything to help my back so if I can take 2 or 3 weeks and just rest, hopefully I will feel better.
I think this is also my last 6-month MRI. As long as my tumors haven't grown, we can just monitor them once a year, which would be great. That's what I am praying for. I am still hoping to hear if there will be clinical trials sometime soon for this drug that is supposed to be able to stop the growth of current tumors and prevent new ones from forming. They already know the drug works for cancer patients but now they're thinking it can help with neurofibromatosis too. I'll have to remember to ask Dr. Vincent next week to see if he knows anything about that. He might not, since I think he only has one other NF patient besides me.

3 Comments:

  • At 4.12.05, Blogger JP and Jessica said…

    Hi, I found your blog today via Barb K's blog... "NicaGirl" caught my attention, being as passionate a "catracha" as you are a nica, I was compelled to check out the blog of another gringa who thinks she's centralamerican! How wonderful! Also, your blog title "Mis Pensamientos," is the same as mine... that freaked me out for a minute... anyhow... I hope you are doing well in the States, and have the opportunity to visit your amados in Nicaragua. Reciba bendiciones de esta hermana catracha!!

     
  • At 4.12.05, Blogger NicaGirl said…

    ¡Tuanis! Estoy tan contenta recibir tu carta en mi blog. (I don't know if there is a Spanish word for blog or not :) )
    After I read your response to my blog, I checked yours out. It is awesome! It is so cool to find someone else who is just as passionate about Central America and the missions field as me. I hope we stay in touch and can chat and exchange stories of our experiences abroad. I think it would be seriously cool to talk with you more. I will be praying for your support-raising for Mexico and please let me know more about that, I don't have much but if I can help out at all, I would like to. Especially because I *know* that need to get where you know God wants you to be. Dios te bendiga. Cuidate mucho :)

     
  • At 5.12.05, Blogger JP and Jessica said…

    Hi again!! Thanks for checkin' out my blog, I looked at my own and there really is little or none about Honduras on the "current posts" page, which is weird! haha! But, my preparations for Mexico have certainly been at the front of my mind lately! I still find it strange that I have SUCH a HUGE passion for my colonia in Honduras, and I TOTALLY feel like the Lord has called me to go to Mexico for at least the next two years. I KNOW that this is what I'm supposed to be doing at this time though! And, I get to spend this Christmas with my catracha family in Tegus! I'm leaving the 13th of December. Hey, email me if you'd like, it's easier that leaving "comments"... jstoner223@yahoo.com

    Bendiciones!!
    - Jessica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home