Mis Pensamientos

“Someday all that’s crazy / All that’s unexplained / Will fall into place / And someday all that’s hazy / Through a clouded glass / Will be clear at last / And sometimes we’re just waiting / For someday.” -Nichole Nordeman, "Someday"

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Resolution, Finally

So I found out I do NOT have to go back to court again for the guy who broke into my house last year. He pleaded guilty. For breaking into my house he got 15 years with all but 6 months suspended and for some of the other stuff he did, he got 50 years with 40 years suspended. So he'll be in jail for the next 10 years. Even though I never got to see his face (since every time I went to court, it got continued) or hear him explain what he was thinking and what made him decide to break into my house, I am glad it's over. I am glad I don't have to waste any more time going back to court only to have nothing happen. In a way, I almost feel sorry for this guy. He was 18 when he committed the crimes, 19 now, so hopefully he will make the changes in his life he needs to make while he is in jail. He'll only be 29 when he gets out. Unfortunately, many times jail just makes you a better criminal, not a better person. But I truly believe that no one is beyond redemption and so I will be praying that God will use this time to change his heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home